Great Island Design was founded more than twenty years ago and quickly emerged as one of Boston’s premier design firms, cultivating a long list of local and national clients, and receiving our fair share of local and national design awards along the way.
Headed by Debra Glabeau and Ken Harris, we are a team of creative professionals that includes some of the regions best copywriters, programmers, illustrators and photographers. We offer the quality and range of services found in much larger agencies, and our collaborative culture ensures successful cross-platform communications solutions for our clients. But unlike a large agency, the entire team is senior-level and has senior-level talent, experience, and judgment to produce superior work.
- Silver PRISM Award/National Association of Home Builders /best real estate website
- Gold and Silver PRISM Awards/Boston Builders & Remodelers Association/logos, brochures/display advertising
- First Place Hatch Award/The Ad Club, Boston
- Best of Show/Boston Art Directors Club
- Gold and Silver Awards/Boston Art Directors Club
- CLIO/ package design
- New England Emmy/television graphics
- Silver Award/National Association of Broadcasters/editorial
- Media recognition/Print and Art Direction magazines
Debra Glabeau is the president of Great Island Design. She provides project leadership and applies equal parts creative, strategic, and technical support to help clients achieve their communications goals and better understand the intersection of design and business.
Ken Harris is creative director and founder of Great Island Design. Typically assuming the role of art director and lead designer, Ken works directly with clients and contributes to all phases of creative development for both print and web design, assuring that thematic messaging is integrated across all communications platforms.
Ken studied graphic design and photography at the College of Design, Architecture and Art, University of Cincinnati. He is past president of the Boston Art Directors’ Club.
Service: Ken is current vice president of The Whiting Club; past vice president of the board of the Salem Athenaeum and past creative director of The Salem Museum.